NTK Oxygen Sensors
||NTK is the brand name for oxygen sensors manufactured by NGK Spark Plugs. NGK is the world's largest manufacturer of oxygen sensors with over 10 million sensors produced annually.
Oxygen sensors are used in modern automobiles to control the fuel and ignition
systems to optimize a car's performance in the areas of emissions and fuel economy.
Sensors are located before and after the catalytic converter to check on the amount
of oxygen in the exhaust. The sensor sends signals to the car's on-board computer,
which then can adjust several variables, including air/fuel ratio and timing, in
order to bring the engine into the optimum operating range.
OEM QUALITY AND RELIABILITY
Each NTK Oxygen Sensor is:
- Extensively Tested During Manufacture to Guarantee Quality and Reliability
- Supplied With a Factory-Fitted OEM Connector for Easy Installation
- Precision manufactured with a sensing element incorporating NTK's premier technical ceramics
Oxygen sensors should be tested at each tune-up. Failed or worn out oxygen sensors can cause:
- Failed Emission Tests
- Increased Fuel Consumption
- Failed Catalytic Converters
- Poor Driveability
- Increased Emissions